Why Should Children Learn to Code?
Teaching Coding in the Classroom with Micro:Bit
The world is experiencing fourth industrial revolution. Every business is undergoing a digital makeover. Small and big business owners, as well as entrepreneurs, understand the significance of “being online.”
What will this result in? A world full of programmers, codes, and algorithms.
Are we saying every job will involve programming? NO! But every business will involve programming even if it's in a minor way. Therefore, isn’t it better to be equipped with the fundamentals of coding when the time comes?
Why should children learn to code?
There are so many advantages to children practicing coding that we don’t know where to begin. From academics to building soft skills and help build a path for the future, learning to program helps you in in many ways.
Today everything we own to wear is computer-controlled. From your mobile to a smartwatch and even homes, everything runs with the help of computers. Imagine if your child knew the art to control them. He could create a virtual world within the computer and give his imagination a new height.
Learning to code will help your child:
- Develop mathematical, analytical and logical thinking.
- Delp him or her build a vivid imagination.
- Become a problem-solver. Whenever he or is is stuck in a problem, he or she will use, develop and enhance their problem-solving skills to find a solution.
- Give them the confidence to perform better and face the real world more assuredly.
- Make them a better and meticulous planner. This is because while writing a code, the programmer has to typically break it down into pieces and solve one part at a time making him a better planner.
- Develop persistence and patience.
- Understand that making mistakes is okay. The ability to keep working on something, to rectify the problem until the final correct solution is reached is more important.
Most importantly, if coding is learned at a young age, it will become a life skill. Students will grow interested in it as they progress. In the near future, kids who have learned to code from a young age will excel easily in any field they choose to build their career in.
But learning computer at a small age isn’t everyone’s cup of tea, right?
Coding is a difficult task. Are you anxious about your children learning to code?
Is there a solution which will help every child to learn coding irrespective of their age?
Yes, there is! Introducing the very creative and compact Micro:Bit!
What’s Micro:bit and how it can it help my child?
Micro:bit is a tiny programmable computer. It was designed with the sole purpose of making children interested in the art of coding. Micro:bit has done the impossible by making learning interesting and children inquisitive! This miniature, pocket-sized computer has brought a revolution for children learning coding today.
Every kit of Micro:bit comes with a cable, battery holder and a USB. All a child has to do is first connect the parts and then join the Micro:Bit system to their laptop/computer. Once the setup is done, children can enter any snippet and learn the outcomes of the code they want to try.
Perfect for hands-on practicing and encouraged and recommended by many teachers as well as schools, Micro:bit will help give your child have a better future. With the flexibility to access thousands of projects online, and the power to build up a variety of skills, Micro:bit is offered at a very reasonable price.
80% of teachers felt that practicing on Micro:bit helped children realize that coding wasn't so difficult after all.
From making a digital watch to counting steps, making app-based games and listening to music – micro:bit is a true power member of the supercomputer club.
What is GiggleBot?
Made to transform the art of learning and the education system, GiggleBot collaborates with MakeCode for users to program it. Using sensors that work with acute precision, you can use GiggleBot to follow lines.
GiggleBot enhances Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) learning with hands-on robotics and visual coding.
Do all these things really work? Are they necessary?
From teachers to parents and the children themselves have found a change in the child’s learning and thought process. After thorough research, we found –
- 90% of students said the Micro:bit showed them that anyone can code.
- 86% of students said the Micro:bit made Computer Science more interesting.
- 70% more girls said they would choose Computing as a school subject after using the Micro:bit.
Aren’t these statistics great? They show how effective Micro:bit and GiggleBot are.
Do you feel your child should also be ahead of his classmates?
Do you want him to perform better in academics?
Then these two devices are a must-have in his/her learning kit.
Micro:bit and GiggleBot are the perfect mini-computers to learn the talent of coding.